This page will be updated as things change. Please check regularly.
We want your stay at The Glen to be the best experience possible. We’ve always prided ourselves on having super-clean rooms! We’ve now introduced enhanced practices to give you peace of mind.
Our business has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place, and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Before you arrive
- We will take remote payment, from the card used to secure the booking, on the day before arrival. Please contact us if you wish to use a different card.
During your stay
- Due to enhanced cleaning practices, we are unable to guarantee early check-in, and check-out will be by 10.00 am. We will store your luggage, if necessary.
- We will provide a contact number so that you can reach the owner from 7.00 am to 10.30 pm.
- Breakfast will be pre-ordered and you will have your own table during your stay. You can now pre-order buffet items which we will serve to your table.
Cleaning and hygiene
- We will clean and sanitise your room, bedding, and furniture before you arrive. .
- To minimise risk, we won’t routinely service your room during your stay. You can leave any rubbish, recycling and requests for supplies outside your door when you go out for the day.
- We will regularly sanitise public areas and provide hand-sanitising gel at the entrance and in the dining room.
When you’re out and about
- Cumbria’s tourism businesses are working hard to keep you safe. Please do your part to protect our local community.
- Our local pub, The Station Inn (01539 724094) is open for food service, but you will need to book a table in advance.
- Please plan your outings before you arrive, and be aware that you will need to pre-book activities.