This page will be updated as things change. Please check regularly.
We want your stay at The Glen to be the best experience possible. We’ve always prided ourselves on having super-clean rooms! We’ve now introduced enhanced practices to give you peace of mind.
We’re Good To Go!
Our business has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place, and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
- Please ensure that you are following national/local regulations. We are currently in Tier 2, and ask that you assist us by following local guidelines in the dining room, in your rooms and in the guesthouse grounds. In particular, this means that you should not socialise with people outside of your own household while inside the guest house.
- Please ensure that you are not displaying any Covid-19 symptoms before arrival. If you need to cancel at short notice, please contact us as soon as possible.
- We will check that your temperature is within normal range before allowing you to check-in.
- If you, or any of your party, feel unwell during your stay, please let us know immediately. You should then remain in your room to protect our staff and other guests. We will contact our local health protect team and help in any way we can.
- We ask that you socially distance from staff and other guests where possible. Take particular care in the hallway, stairs and landing.
- We will provide your details to NHS Track and Trace, if required.
Before you arrive
- We will take remote payment, from the card used to secure the booking, on the day before arrival. Please contact us if you wish to use a different card.
During your stay
- Due to enhanced cleaning practices, we are unable to guarantee early check-in, and check-out will be by 10.00 am. We will store your luggage, if necessary.
- We won’t provide toiletries in your room, other than hand soap and hand sanitiser. Please bring your own items for your stay. We can provide a welcome pack if you forget.
- We will provide a contact number so that you can reach the owner from 7.00 am to 10.30 pm.
- Breakfast will be pre-ordered and you will have your own table during your stay. You can now pre-order buffet items which we will serve to your table.
Cleaning and hygiene
- We will clean and sanitise your room, bedding, and furniture before you arrive. We’ll also disinfect high touch points like the room keys, TV remote, and light switches.
- To minimise risk, we won’t routinely service your room during your stay. You can leave any rubbish, recycling and requests for supplies outside your door when you go out for the day.
- We will regularly sanitise public areas and provide hand-sanitising gel at the entrance and in the dining room.
When you’re out and about
- Cumbria’s tourism businesses are working hard to keep you safe. Please do your part to protect our local community.
- Our local pub, The Station Inn (01539 724094) is open for food service, but you will need to book a table in advance.
- Please plan your outings before you arrive, and be aware that you will need to pre-book activities.